Best practices when using an LMS:
1. Close any (all) other applications other than the browser’s Learning Management System (LMS) environment from which you are taking the e-learning course.
2. Ensure your computer and communication network environments meet IHRDC minimum requirements, or to see if your computer and communication network meet requirements go to our System Check by copying/pasting this URL into your browser:
or see our Support FAQs for a list of hardware and software minimum requirements.
3. Have only one instance of the LMS running as multiple instances may not properly record your activity, score, or completion of the e-Learning course.
4. If you need to step away from the course for even a few minutes, exit the course immediately and re-enter upon returning.
5. Exit the course properly using the Exit button if there is one available on your e-Learning course.
6. Do not shut off your computer without exiting the LMS or e-Learning course properly. Doing so may cause a communication failure with the LMS which may not properly record your activity, score, or completion of the e-Learning course.
7. Observe any error or warning messages that may appear (do not ignore them, do a screen copy and inform IHRDC or your local LMS administrator).
8. Be in an environment where you can concentrate on the course without distractions or other work assignments.