The file type exported when using the 'Export to Excel' function generally downloads an .aspx file type. In order to place (convert) this file type so that it will appear in an excel file, do the following:
1. Select the LMS IHRDC 'REPORT' Tab.
2. Choose the report you want the LMS to produce.
3. Choose the 'RUN REPORT' function.
Once the report has run, you should see the report on your computer screen. Generally, on the top right of your screen you will see the following buttons 'Back', 'Export to PDF', and 'Export to Excel'.
4. Launch your Microsoft Excel application.
5. Choose the 'Export to Excel' button to begin downloading the report.
The report will likely appear as a 'popReportQuery.aspx file'.
6. Click the 'down-arrow' to the right of the popReportQuery.aspx file name and choose 'Open'
You will likely see the following message on your Microsoft Excel screen:
'The file format and extension of 'popReportQuery.aspx' don't match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe. Unless you trust its source, don't open it. Do you want to open it anyway?
7. Choose 'Yes'
8. The report file will populate the Microsoft Excel sheet.
9 Follow normal steps to 'Save' or 'Save As' the Microsoft Excel file with a name and location of your choice. (You may also want to rename the sheet tab to reflect a more meaningful name).